Palo Alto Config not importing, please help

I tried to import the Palo Alto running-config.xml and Red Seal will not take the file it keeps erroring out.  When I tried all the .xml files the Importing Data circle keeps spinning.

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Ahmed,

This looks to me like something you'll want to check with Support regarding. They will need to know things like how you are trying to collect the file, what the contents of the file are, etc. Note that the Palo Alto plugin requires a ZIP file that contains a set of files. The specifics of the files are outlined in the Palo Alto chapter of the RedSeal Plugins Guide. They include this information:

Obtaining a Configuration File

To obtain a configuration file that can be manually imported from a Palo Alto Networks firewall, log on to the Palo Alto Networks firewall using an SSH terminal program such as Putty.

Execute the following commands for Palo Alto Networks running PAN-OS version 4.x:

set cli pager off
    show config running

Execute the following commands for Palo Alto Networks running PAN-OS version 5.x or 6.x:

set cli pager off
                       show config merged

Capture this output in a text file named running.txt.
    Execute the following command if your Palo Alto Networks firewall is

running PAN-OS version 4.x:

show config pushed

Execute the following command if your Palo Alto Networks firewall is running PAN-OS version 5.x or 6.x:

show config pushed-shared-policy

Capture this output in a text file named pushed.txt.
    Compress both files into a .zip file with no internal folders, just the .txt files.

Import the .zip file using the Palo Alto Networks PAN-OS plugin. Virtual System Configurations

To obtain configurations for Palo Alto Networks virtual systems (vsys) running PAN-OS version 4.x, log on to the firewall and execute the following commands:

set cli pager off
                       show config running

To obtain configurations for Palo Alto Networks virtual systems (vsys) running PAN-OS version 5.x or 6.x, log on to the firewall and execute the following commands:

set cli pager off
                       show config merged

Capture the output in a text file named running.txt.
    Next, do the following if your virtual system is running PAN-OS version 4.x:

• Execute the command:

show config pushed

• Execute the following command for each virtual system you want to import:

show config pushed vsys vsys<n>

...where <n> is the number associated with the virtual system in the Palo Alto device configuration.

• Capture this output in a text file named pushed_vsys<n>.txt.

• Compress all files in a .zip file with no directory structure and import this

.zip file into RedSeal.
      Next, do the following if your virtual system is running PAN-OS version 5.x:

• Execute the command:

•  show config pushed-shared-policy

• Execute the following command for each virtual system you want to import:

show config pushed-shared-policy vsys vsys<n>

...where <n> is the number associated with the virtual system in the Palo Alto device configuration.

• Capture this output in a text file named pushed_vsys<n>.txt.

• Compress all files in a .zip file with no directory structure and import this

.zip file into RedSeal.
        For example, to import a Palo Alto virtual system configured as vsys2, enter

the following command:

show config pushed vsys vsys2

Capture the output in a text file named pushed_vsys2.txt.

Compress all three files—running.txt, pushed.txt, and pushed_vsys2.txt—in a single .zip file with no internal directory structure. Import this file into RedSeal.

If the device is configured with vsys3 and vsys4 virtual devices, you can add pushed_vsys3.txt and pushed_vsys4.txt files to the same .zip file. (There is no vsys1. That is the default system; its configuration is obtained by the show config running command.) 

Reply Like
  • I Just visited this web address Mahjongg connect free online  and found that this Platform has all the advance functions that i needed for win this chines Board game.Yes! This is the kind of enetraining Junction where i can play with full new features and even without download.If you are also feel bore with your free time and wants to excite your life then go through this.I am enjoying here and invite Other too.

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like Follow
  • 6 mths agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 2091Views
  • 3 Following